THE EFFECT OF ROA, ROE, AND EPS ON STOCK PRICES OF COMPANIES REGISTERED ON JII FOR THE 2018-2021

Authors

  • Ema Santika Putri UIN SULTHAN THAHA SAIFUDDIN JAMBI
  • Usdeldi Usdeldi Universitas Islam Negri Sulthan Thaha Saifuddin Jambi
  • Sri Rahma Universitas Islam Negri Sulthan Thaha Saifuddin Jambi

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.32939/dhb.v5i1.3152

Keywords:

Return On Asset, Return On Equity, Earning Per Share, Stock Price

Abstract

Purpose: This study aims to analyse the effect of Return On Assets, Return on Equity, and Earnings Per Share on stock prices in companies listed on JII for 2018-2021. Desain/Methodology/Approach: The authors use quantitative research to obtain data by accessing the company's financial statements. The samples used in this study were 12 companies registered on JII for the 2014-2018 period, passing through the purposive sampling stage according to the criteria needed for the study. The data analysis method used in this study is panel data regression techniques. Findings: The research results show that Return On Assets (ROA) has an effect on stock prices in a positive direction, Return on Equity (ROE) has an effect on stock prices in a negative direction, and Earning Per Share (EPS) affects stock prices in a negative direction. ROA, ROE, and EPS affect stock prices at 96.44%, while other variables outside the research explain the remaining 3.56%. Research Implications: Inform investors or potential investors about the importance of analysing the company's financial statements before investing.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

References

Aldini, D. A., & Andarini, S. (2018). Pengaruh profitabilitas terhadap harga saham pada perusahaan makanan dan minuman yang terdaftar di Bursa Efek Indonesia. Jurnal Bisnis Indonesia, 8(1).

Aryanti, A., & Mawardi, M. (2016). Pengaruh ROA, ROE, NPM dan CR terhadap Return Saham pada perusahaan yang terdaftar di Jakarta Islamic Index (JII). I-Finance: A Research Journal on Islamic Finance, 2(2), 54–71.

Bustami, Y., Sarmigi, E., & Mikola, A. (2021). Analisis perbandingan profitabilitas bank umum Syariah sebelum dan selama pandemi Covid-19. Al Fiddoh Islamic Bank Journal, 2(1), 28–36.

Hadiningrat, E. W., Mangantar, M., & Pondaag, J. J. (2017). Analisis pengaruh rasio likuiditas dan rasio profitabilitas terhadap return saham pada perusahaan lq 45. Jurnal EMBA: Jurnal Riset Ekonomi, Manajemen, Bisnis Dan Akuntansi, 5(2).

Ridha, A., Nurhayati, N., & Fariz, M. (2019). Pengaruh Profitabilitas Dan Likuiditas Terhadap Harga Saham Pada Perusahaan Perbankan Yang Terdaftar Di BEI Periode 2015-2017. SIMEN Akuntansi Dan Manajemen) STIES. ISSN, 2598–3008.

Sarmigi, E., Abdallah, Z., & Maryanto, M. (2021). Akuntansi Manajemen: Dasar-Dasar Pengukuran Kinerja Manajemen. Yogyakarta: Deepublish.

Sarmigi, E., Alfan, M., Ravico, M., Tiara, M. S., Angela, L., & Asbupel, F. (2023). Instrumen Penelitian Dan Monitoring & Evaluasi (Monev) Di Perguruan Tinggi. Penerbit Adab.

Sarmigi, E., & Putra, D. R. E. (2022). Analisis Laporan Keuangan Perbankan Syariah. Penerbit Adab.

Yuliza, A. (2018). The effects of earnings per share and firm size on stock price LQ45 company listed in Indonesian securities. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 7(4.9), 247–249.

Downloads

Published

2024-03-14

How to Cite

Putri, Ema Santika, Usdeldi Usdeldi, and Sri Rahma. “THE EFFECT OF ROA, ROE, AND EPS ON STOCK PRICES OF COMPANIES REGISTERED ON JII FOR THE 2018-2021”. Al Dzahab: Journal of Economics, Management, Business and Accounting 5, no. 1 (March 14, 2024): 60–70. Accessed May 30, 2024. https://ejournal.iainkerinci.ac.id/index.php/al-dzahab/article/view/3152.