Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
When you submit to Edumatika : Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika, please upload the documents including Manuscript, Author Biography, Graphical Abstract, highlights, and Figure/Table compact.
The manuscript should be an original research paper which sufficiently contributes novelty to mathematics education. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide a statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
Structure of the manuscripts
1. Title. The title should be clear and informative, and not more than 14 words.
2. Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions and email addresses, without any academic title. For a joint paper, one of the authors should be notified as to the corresponding author.
3. Abstract, keywords, and classification numbers. The abstract should be less than 150 words. Please provide the abstract in both English and Indonesian versions. The keywords should be of 3 to 5 words or phrases. Please provide at least one Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika classification number that suits your manuscript.
4. Introduction. This section explains the background of the study, a review of the previous researches in the area, and aims of the manuscripts. Importantly it should also show the significance and novelty of the research.
5. Methods. This section describes the appropriate tools of analysis along with the data and their sources.
6. Results and Discussion. This section explains the results of the study. It should be presented clearly and concisely. Author(s) should explore the novelty or the contribution of the work to the mathematics education literature.
7. Conclusion. This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study. The conclusion(s) should be at the same order with ones discussed in the body of the manuscript.
8. References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
1. The manuscript is prepared in an A4 paper, single-sided, and single line spacing format. A new paragraph should start 5 characters from the left margin, using 11-size, Times-New-Romans font type.
2. The manuscript is written in Indonesian or English.
3. The manuscript should be between 10 to 15 pages long (5000-7000 words).
4. The top and bottom margins are 1,5 and 0,8 inches.
5. The title is written using capital letters only at first word or special name (example: location name), 14 font size, center position.
6. Subtitles are written using UPPERCASE BOLD style, 11 font size, starting from the left margin.
7. Sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
8. Sub of the sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words, all in italics. They should be started from the left margin.
9. References should be those of the last ten years publication (>80%), except for key references (80%). Referring to any textbook should be minimized (<20%).
Specific Writing Format
1. Equations and formula should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
2. Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and Figures
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
1. The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
2. The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
3. Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.Subjects and Authors Index
The authors should provide an index of the subject, namely the specific terms in the manuscript. The authors should also provide the index of authors, namely the key authors of papers referred to in the manuscript. Please write the family name followed by the given name.
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
a. Hill (2001) suggests that the objective of depreciation is ....
b. Inflation targeting would be sufficient (McCain, 1982).
c. The definition of contagion is ... (Wagner, 1976; Rhonda 2009).
d. The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 10-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high-quality contributions to knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA (American Psychological Association) style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript. Consulting the APA style manual (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html) is strongly recommended for completing manuscript submissions.
References should appear as:
Book with one author:
Author, A. A. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with two authors:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Book with more than two authors:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (2005). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.
Aisyah, U., & Retnawati, H. (2014). Pengembangan perangkat pembelajaran kompetensi sulit matematika SMA di Riau. Jurnal Riset Pendidikan Matematika, 1(1), 98-112. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.21831/jrpm.v1i1.2668
A publication in press:
Kuncoro, H. (in press). Does sustainable fiscal policy foster its credibility? Economic Journal of Emerging Markets.
Gregoriou, G. N. (Ed.). (2009). Emerging Markets: Performance, Analysis, and Innovation. Florida, USA: CRC Press.
Chapter in an edited book:
Courant, P. N., Gramlich, E. M., & Rubinfeld, D. L. (1979). The stimulative effects of intergovernmental grants: or why money sticks where it hits. In P. Mieszkowski, & W. H. Oakland (Ed.), Fiscal Federalism and Grants-in-Aid (pp. 5-21). Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis: Mosquera, C. M. R. (2009). Essays on Economic Growth, Financial Integration and Exchange Rates. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Masniladevi, Prahmana, R. C. I., Helsa, Y., & Dalais, M. (2017). Teachers’ ability in using math learning media. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 943(1), 12059. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/943/1/012059Manuscript Template
The manuscript should be prepared according to the following MS Word template:
The EJRPM has OAI address: http://ejournal.iainkerinci.ac.id/index.php/edumatika/oai
The author has to make sure that the manuscript has been prepared using the Edumatika Template's following the author guidelines. The manuscript should also have been carefully proofread. Any manuscript which does not meet the author guidelines, written in a different format, or has poor soundness of English/bahasa, will be immediately rejected. The only a manuscript which meets the Edumatika Format will be processed further.
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.